How to apply for a school place in Loreto
Our Admissions Policy:
- Outlines how decisions are made in relation to applications for a place in our school.
- Was formulated and ratified by our Board of Management, following consultation with our Parents’ Association and our teaching staff. It has been approved by our Trustees, the Loreto Education Trust.
- Is subject to change (without prior notice) and is reviewed on an annual basis by our Board of Management.
Key dates for enrolment in our 1st Year class 2018/2019:
- Application form published – mid-September (at least three weeks before the closing date for applications)
- Loreto open night – 6.30pm, 25th of September 2017
- Closing date for receipt of applications – 12th of October 2017
- Offers posted – 13th of October 2017
- Closing date for the acceptance of offered places – 20th of October 2017
If you wish to apply for a place for your daughter in any other year (i.e. if she wishes to transfer from another second-level school), please;
- Download a copy of our application form for students transferring from another second-level school (on this page) or contact the school office to have a copy posted to you.
- Read our current Admissions Policy.
- Submit your completed application form to the school office. Please include a copy of your daughter’s most recent school report with her application and a cover-letter explaining why it is in your daughter’s interests to transfer.
Links to the following documents can be found on this page.
- Current Admissions Policy
- Application Form - 1st Year 2018
- Application Form - to transfer from another second-level school - this form is to be used if you wish to apply for a place for your daughter who is already enrolled in another second-level school.
You might like to have your name included on our mailing list. This means that we will post an application form to you when your daughter is in 6th class. To be included on our mailing list, please follow this link: