Overall upkeep and maintenance of school buildings and facilities are excellent.Whole-school Evaluation, Department of Education & Skills, 2014
The opening of our new school extension was a proud occasion for Loreto. We now have the most up-to-date facilities, with a range of new specialist rooms for Computers, Music, Science, Home Economics and Art while the new prayer room is an important feature of the new building.
At Loreto, we are proud of our sporting tradition and our excellent sports facilities. These facilities are available to hire to the general public and to sports clubs, subject to certain terms and conditions.
- Olympic standard Basketball Court
- Indoor Soccer
- Astro Turf Hockey/Soccer pitch (Floodlit)
- Full size soccer pitch or 4 seven-a-side pitches
- Fully equipped with shower/dressing facilities
Special offers available for:
- Early evening slots (5:30 to 6:30) for all of the above facilities
- Weekend slots
- Children’s parties
A small number of other time slots are also available
Contact: Eamon Cleere at 086 4106232
Since the ‘new’ school opened in 1980, the Loreto school community has been constantly seeking and delivering ways to improve its facilities. Of these our most significant developments have been:
- Extension with six classrooms and one science laboratory (1995)
Sports Hall (2004)
- Astro-turf Hockey Pitch (2005)
- Mary Ward Building (2013) - main school extension with fifteen teaching spaces and new administration area.
- Refurbishment of existing school building (2013).
Subsequently, the Board of Management has published a development plan including the following components:
- Re-configuration of canteen with additional space - completed 2016.
- Refurbishment of staffroom - completed 2016.
- Special Needs Unit - to be completed 2017.
- Assembly/Examinations/Study Hall and extended lunch area - to be completed in November 2017.
First Year Subjects
Art, Business Studies, Civic Social Political Education (C.S.P.E.), English, French, Geography, German, History, Home Economics, Irish, Maths, Music, Religious Education & Science.