Since the ‘new’ school opened in 1980, the Loreto school community has been constantly seeking and delivering ways to improve its facilities. Of these our most significant developments have been:
- Extension with six classrooms and one science laboratory (1995)
- Astro-turf Hockey Pitch (2005)
- Mary Ward Building (2013) - main school extension with fifteen teaching spaces and new administration area.
- Refurbishment of existing school building (2013).
Subsequently, the Board of Management has published a development plan including the following components:
- Re-configuration of canteen with additional space - completed 2016.
- Refurbishment of staffroom - completed 2016.
- Special Needs Unit - to be completed 2017.
- Assembly/Examinations/Study Hall and extended lunch area - planned completion 2018.
First Year Subjects
Art, Business Studies, Civic Social Political Education (C.S.P.E.), English, French, Geography, German, History, Home Economics, Irish, Maths, Music, Religious Education & Science.